Tuesday, September 12, 2006
What has passed ...
I am content without a job. What a problem.

I like getting up at 9, starting the coffee pot, and taking an unharried, focused shower (as opposed to "showers on the edge" where death from slippage and poor eyesight was ever imminent at 6 am). I like drinking my coffee with too much creamer on my porch, scanning websites for job postings, researching movies to watch, checking out requirements for university grad programs.

I like taking ridiculously long walks, looking for architecturally cool houses to show Brendan or my housemates later in the day (there are some brilliantly beautiful Tudors and Gothic Revivals). I walk to JoAnns or grocery stores or libraries or coffee shops. I study cookbooks and store circulars and plan my shopping trips and meals.

I watch TV shows on DVD - good cancelled TV shows like Freaks and Geeks and Firefly. We're starting on the first season of Lost, which will be a rewatch, but it's a show with fascinating details.
 
posted by Graceful Peaceful German Fischer at 4:17 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: