Friday, October 20, 2006
I clarify: I am not depressed right now. I'm quite buoyant, actually. I have little money, my job prospects are still low, but darn it, if God hasn't sat me right here, and
this
is
where
I'm
supposed
to
be.

I have hope: two applications for grad school, a very good GRE score (I think everybody knows it by now - it rhymes with schmourteen ten), an application pending with the school board for substitution. I even (now this does make me feel like a base person) put in two applications for retail positions, but I chose carefully - to JoAnn Fabrics (or Mecca) and Pier 1 (a homage to my grad school cousin who works there on her days off for extra cash). I have a lot of hope. It doesn't hurt that my boyfriend is a wonderful and compassionate listener (I have to realize, of course, that if I don't talk about my problems, he won't know they exist). He also pays for a lot of meals that feed me very well. And he shows me hilarious sleepy kitten videos:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAV25tbVNto and equally funny Steve Carrell cat impersonating http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEKJATpJcM.
 
posted by Graceful Peaceful German Fischer at 6:53 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: