Wednesday, October 25, 2006
One of the many wonders of Northeast Ohio is bargain shopping (another is snow in October). There is Half-Price Books ($1, $2, $3 Clearance section reaches out for rows!) and Marc's with its fabulous buy-outs from which much of our kitchen is stocked (who can argue with an 88 cent travel mug?). There are also the thrift stoes, trusy Salvo, but also Unique Thrift with half-off Mondays. On those Mondays, lines stretch across the block from the entry until the store opens at 7am.
But today was an exceptional day for bargain shopping. At a local school district (a very rich suburb to the south east of Cleveland), the PTA gathers clothing all year to have a week long sale. First day is "as marked", a few days after "half-off", and today was Bag Day. $5 for a bag, carry as much as you can. I can carry quite a lot in a paper bag, mostly due to my impressively honed packing skills from years of travelling.
I just tabbed up the original "as marked" prices of my 25 items: $102.25. And it was acquired, tiger huntress style, for $5.
My most prized acquisitions are two: a) a long, fitted denim jacket (not cut at the hip as most denim jackets are unfortunately placed) with lining and b) a print of a duck in shades sitting in a lounge chair, drinking a Coke with two ice cubes, lcasually looking to the wall on its right at two bullet holes. It is entitled "Sitting Duck," and has been gifted to Brendan who immediately got the awesome joke. (Maybe in the interest of full disclosure, the reader should know there is a picture hanging in my bathroom of a pig joyfully launching himself off of a dock into pond.)
Sigh. I love a bargain.
 
posted by Graceful Peaceful German Fischer at 4:02 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 6:03 AM, Blogger lvs

Will the denim jacket keep you warm in the Cleveland snow? I want to make sure you're warm!

 

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Graceful Peaceful German Fischer

You be sweet!

It is a wonderful denim jacket, that I shall probably wear NC side of the Appalachians.

I also got a white peacoat. I love, love, love white in surprising clothing options.