Thursday, October 05, 2006
Sheep would be easy to make with cotton balls.
I'm at my parents' house in Maryland. I made the five hour drive down the Pennsylvania Evilpike, because I love my family. My youngest brother is turning 21 tomorrow, my granddad 84 on Saturday, and my mom 52 on the 12th. AND Brendan's brother turned 16 on Tuesday. It's a birthday season of festival proportions!

I got Clayton, Brendan's brother, a shirt from Unique Thrift Store (everything half price on Mondays) that said "I have decided to put myself in charge." Since this is my life philosophy, I thought he might like to adopt it as well through wearing a discount t-shirt. I bought my brother three "vintage" ties, of excellent quality and provenance (the tags proclaim Yves Sant Laurent), also from Unique.

I made cards for all four people, and I'm reasonably happy with my creative efforts. I used paper cut-outs made from blank-inside cards I've been hoarding and themed Bible verses (it ended up much, much nicer than the regular themed Bible verse cards with sheep and ... actually, sheep would be easy to make with cotton balls ...).

I took a nap right after I got here (technically, I ate right after I got here, but I eat as a necessity; sleep has become more of a luxury so I highlight that). I've been dead with the ridiculous hours I've been going to sleep after working on Brendan's set. In fact, Brendan said last night, "You look awful." It was meant in kindness, to drive me home to bed, but it just got a meekly knowing reply of, "I know." "You can go home." "I'm GOING to get this DONE." So I stayed, and then I napped after driving five hours today.

I got a little scared last night when I realized I'd be away from Brendan for the first time in two months. He'll be ridiculously busy with the play this weekend and should be sleeping right after to make up for the even longer hours he put into his set which compromised his sleeping schedule. But I'll probably spend most of my weekend thinking about him. I hate my wussiness. I am a wuss. I'm going to go sleep in disgust of myself.
 
posted by Graceful Peaceful German Fischer at 8:21 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 3:58 PM, Blogger Graceful Peaceful German Fischer

Did you also notice her curly brown hair and deadpan delivery? The extra "c" in Fischer stands for character ... and cuckold.