Sunday, January 21, 2007
Another day, another dollar
I just made my apartment smell like acridity. If a smell could burn your eyelashes off, that is the smell I am smelling.

I let some of the olive oil from a pan drip on the bottom of my oven, and thus grease smoke - not grease fire - just a little billow of smoke that was ridiculously powerful enough to pervade the apartment, possibly the whole house. Sorry second and third floor tennants.

Yesterday, the roommate and I locked ourselves out of our apartment. We had gone to a Bobby McFerrin concert (wherein he conducted an orchestra and symphonies by Mozart, Ravel, and Rimsky-Korsakov), and left with such speed (and also had a ride for which neither of us needed keys to our cars), that we both left our keys in the house. We realized that on the return, and spent half an hour jimmying doorlatches with Borders Reward cards, calling our various landlords (of course at 11 pm), and, eventually, breaking in through a front window. I said, "What if a cop saw me?" to which the reply was "Why would anyone suspect a giant, purple person crawling into a house? Wouldn't they be wearing less distinctive clothing?" Point taken, because I now have a gigantic, wind-proof, cold-proof, moisture-proof poof-poof coat ... and it's purple.

The purple coat is the same coat that my boss has. This is disturbing, and I think I've been subconciously trying to destroy it ever since I found out we had the same coat. Thursday in my Educational Technology class, I smelled the most delicious aroma of vanilla coffee. I then realized I had kicked over my coffee mug, and my coat was dutifully sucking up every last ounce of it. So, attempt on coat's life number 1. And I just tried to burn down the house with olive oil, so attempt number 2.

I'm taking classes toward a multi-age licensure in Spanish (possibly Latin). I get 8 free credits from CSU for working for them. "Educational Technology" and "Teaching as a Profession" are the lame-o classes I'll be taking. I hope there will be arguing - I like a good argue.

I'm their Study Abroad gal. And I had to quit the educational aide job. And I'm going to work at the coffee shop again. I confuse myself.
 
posted by Graceful Peaceful German Fischer at 8:28 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: